Hey there! Thanks for joining me for my talk The Counterintuitive Secret to Shipping Better Articles Faster. Here is the latest version of the slides.
You can watch the video here:
I've also got a bunch of resources to help you in your content creation journey:
- My article: How to Get Started with Technical Writing
- My article: Advice for New Speakers
- My article: How to Finish What You Start
- My book: Guide to Tiny Experiments: A Simple Framework to Finish What You Start
- My book: Getting Started in Developer Relations
- Book: The Developer's Guide to Content Creation by Stephanie Morillo
- Book: Badass: Making Users Awesome by Kathy Sierra
- Book: Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Book: Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Book: Just Fucking Ship by Amy Hoy with Alex Hillman
- Resource: Stacking the Bricks - This is the business site for Amy Hoy and Alex Hillman. They are focused on product business but everything they do is gold! Lots of lessons applicable to everyone.
- Resource: Marketing Examples - Harry is an amazing example of how to provide incredible value on every platform and in every medium you create.
- Resource: Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg (the free email course is legit! Book is great too.)
- Resource: Understanding by Design
- Article: The 10 Principles of Building a Second Brain (basically everything Tiago Forte does)
- Article: My blog is a digital garden, not a blog by Joel Hooks