Hey there! Thanks for joining me for my talk The Counterintuitive Secret to Shipping Better Articles Faster. Here is the latest version of the slides.
I've also got a bunch of resources to help you in your content creation journey:
- My article: How to Get Started with Technical Writing
- My article: Advice for New Speakers
- My article: How to Finish What You Start
- My book: Guide to Tiny Experiments: A Simple Framework to Finish What You Start
- My book: Getting Started in Developer Relations
- Book: The Developer's Guide to Content Creation by Stephanie Morillo
- Book: Badass: Making Users Awesome by Kathy Sierra
- Book: Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Book: Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Book: Just Fucking Ship by Amy Hoy with Alex Hillman
- Resource: Stacking the Bricks - This is the business site for Amy Hoy and Alex Hillman. They are focused on product business but everything they do is gold! Lots of lessons applicable to everyone.
- Resource: Marketing Examples - Harry is an amazing example of how to provide incredible value on every platform and in every medium you create.
- Resource: Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg (the free email course is legit! Book is great too.)
- Resource: Understanding by Design
- Article: The 10 Principles of Building a Second Brain (basically everything Tiago Forte does)
- Article: My blog is a digital garden, not a blog by Joel Hooks