Thanks for attending my talk "Building a Learning System." I hope you found it helpful!
The most recent version of the slides are up on SpeakerDeck here.
Here are some resources and references if you want to go deeper in anything I've mentioned here:
- My learning snapshots on Notion
- My article: The Feedback Loop
- My article: Building a Learning System to Stay Sharp as a Developer Advocate
- My article: Managing Time as a Developer Advocate
- Software: Drafts (Mac)
- Software: OmniFocus (Mac and Web)
- Software: Notion (multi-platform)
- Software: Evernote (multi-platform)
- Software: Foam (VS Code extension)
- Book: Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Book: Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Book: Just Fucking Ship by Amy Hoy with Alex Hillman
- Resource: Stacking the Bricks - This is the business site for Amy Hoy and Alex Hillman. They are focused on product business but everything they do is gold! Lots of lessons applicable to everyone.
- Resource: Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg (the free email course is legit! Book is great too.)
- Resource: Understanding by Design
- Article: The 10 Pricinples of Building a Second Brain (basically everything Tiago Forte does)
- Article: Using Webb’s Depth of Knowledge to Increase Rigor
- Article: Bloom’s Taxonomy and Webb’s Depth of Knowledge
If you'd like to keep in touch, follow me on Twitter and sign up for my email list below.