Thanks for attending my talk "Building a Learning System." I hope you found it helpful!
Here's a recent recording of this talk from The Collab Lab:
The most recent version of the slides are up on SpeakerDeck here.
Here are some resources and references if you want to go deeper in anything I've mentioned here:
- My learning snapshots on Notion
- My book: Getting Started in Developer Relations
- My article: The Feedback Loop
- My article: Building a Learning System to Stay Sharp as a Developer Advocate
- My article: Managing Time as a Developer Advocate
- Software: Drafts (Mac)
- Software: OmniFocus (Mac and Web)
- Software: Notion (multi-platform)
- Software: Evernote (multi-platform)
- Software: Foam (VS Code extension)
- Book: Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Book: Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Book: Just Fucking Ship by Amy Hoy with Alex Hillman
- Resource: Stacking the Bricks - This is the business site for Amy Hoy and Alex Hillman. They are focused on product business but everything they do is gold! Lots of lessons applicable to everyone.
- Resource: Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg (the free email course is legit! Book is great too.)
- Resource: Understanding by Design
- Article: The 10 Pricinples of Building a Second Brain (basically everything Tiago Forte does)
- Article: Using Webb’s Depth of Knowledge to Increase Rigor
- Article: Bloom’s Taxonomy and Webb’s Depth of Knowledge
If you'd like to keep in touch, follow me on Twitter and sign up for my email list below.